Welcome to Medical Touch Massage!
NEW LOCATION: 425 S. Lombard St, Clayton NC 27520 as of March 2020
On Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Roy Cooper, in the best interests of stopping the potential spread of COVID-19 by increasing social distancing as much as possible, has signed into law an Executive Order effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020 as of 5:00pm or sooner CLOSING: all Nail Salons, Barber Shops, and Massage Therapists for the foreseeable future.
Medical Touch Massage, LLC and all of our Licensed Massage Therapists, MedTouch Associates, will ABSOLUTELY abide by our Governor’s Executive Order
We very much understand how much this will affect each and every one of our Clients/Patients. It will also have an enormous affect on each and every one of our MedTouch Associates, their families as well as our business, but we wholly support the closures to ensure we take away the Community Spread "fuel" for this rampantly, contagious virus.
We had previously informed MANY of our Clients/Patients and MedTouch Associates we believed this would soon be coming. Each day for the past 10 days, as we checked the various trusted sources, we considered making this decision ourselves, but it became more apparent daily it would soon be imminent. Had we been located in Mecklenburg, Wake or Durham counties, we would have already closed out of an abundance of caution to ensure we were doing our part to ensure the health and safety of our Clients/Patients as well as our MedTouch Associates.
All of the REMAINDER of this week’s appointments will be canceled for now.
We have blocked ANY electronic booking for the foreseeable future, but we will start rolling reschedules of appointments once we define a process. So we will be reaching out to you to let you know what that will be if you have appointments scheduled in March or April.
We will CONTINUE to provide updates on both our website as well as on our MassageBook Appointment scheduling site..
BUT, we are ALWAYS here for you and yours via text, email or phone while we are “socially distanced” or later on, perhaps, “sheltered in place.:.
Should we be able to provide suggestions for any discomforts or issues you develop,
Stretching ideas or
Just to help with ideas on resources, new places to walk, ideas to keep moving – assuming you’ve run out of closets to clean out, or
Help with understanding any of the BLASTS of news and information we are flooded with regularly.
We are NOT physicians or pharmacists, but we are trained in many healthcare protocols, in anatomy, physiology and pathology and will provide the best help we can for you along with referrals to or suggestions from sources of guidance WE TRUST should you need it!
Sending a HUGE virtual socially distanced HUG from Each of Us to You!lease Call/Text/Email us if we can help in any way!!
AND... be on the lookout for our
Series: "Keeping in Touch .. Until We Can Touch You Again!"
We Hope You & Your Loved Ones are Staying Safe & Healthy!
AS SOON AS WE REOPEN - You'll Be Able To....
Book Appointments Online at MassageBook - Book Now
All Services Provided by North Carolina Licensed Massage Therapists
PRIOR TO MARCH 25, 2020 - COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS UPDATE:
Updates to this information will be made daily/hourly as needed depending on CDC, NC Health Department, Governor Cooper, and/or our OWN Assessment of Current Conditions...
- ONLY seeing clients/patients for MEDICALLY NECESSARY appointments.
- ONLY seeing EXISTING Clients/Patients or NEW Clients/Patients with Physician/Healthcare Referrals.
- ALL Home Visits have been DEFERRED INDEFINITELY.
- PLEASE do NOT bring into the office any more PERSONAL ITEMS other than those ABSOLUTELY needed for your session. Please avoid bringing in purses or bags, unless they are in plastic bags we can disinfect, as we work to limit secondary contacts. Note: COMBS for your PERSONAL use are now available at our office. We will store it for you in your own PERSONAL bag for your use after future sessions.
- We are SURE you will understand the NECESSITY for text/email/telephone conversations/discussions prior to your appointments as we implement our new COVID-19 Assessment Protocols.
- We are staggering client/patient appointments to ensure we can provide INCREASED DISINFECTION PROTOCOLS ~ yes, even more stringent that our usual protocols ~ in between ALL appointments. So, please understand, even though we have multiple suites now in our new offices, our Appointment Availability may be significantly more LIMITED as we practice a continued abundance of caution. And, with the increased disinfection protocols, we may need some patience from you on your start times as we fine tune our processes. We are focused on thoroughness rather than speed, so please bear with us if we delay your start time a bit here and there. Once the front door is unlocked, it is safe to enter. We will text you if there is any delay!
- For the health of our clients/patients, as well as ourselves, an antimicrobial/anti-viral filtering system was installed when we moved into our new offices on March 1, 2020. At present we are constantly recirculating the air in our office through this system. Should you be too chilled from the constant airflow, please let us know so we can provide you with additional heating options or sanitized blankets/coverings.
- Our therapists and their family members have all implemented EXTREME social distancing protocols when NOT in our office seeing clients/patients. We STRONGLY encourage you and your family members to ALSO set an example of extreme social distancing to ensure we, as a community, break the chain of contact spread of this highly contagious infectious virus.
- We ABSOLUTELY understand and believe it is PRUDENT to discuss and/or cancel/reschedule your appointments out of concern for personal or family potential risks. We GREATLY appreciate the thoughtfulness and concern many of you have expressed to us as small business owners, but, as always, Your Health and the Health of Your Loved Ones is our HIGHEST priority.
Our Practice Philosophy
Our Clinic Location
Skills & Services Offered for our Clients/Patients
Our Practice Philosophy
Our clients tell us, "your office is a place of healing.”
All sessions are customized to meet your individual requirements for every appointment you have with us whether you want, or need, pain reduction work, an overall relaxation experience, specific spot work, or treatment for a condition/issue or a combination of any of the above! At Medical Touch Massage, we've brought together a group of like-minded licensed Massage Therapists to work with many different types of clients and patients using Massage, Bodywork, and other skills within our scope of practice to help however we can.
Many of our clients seem to prefer our focus on current troublesome or chronic pain issues, but we have extensive training and education on multiple other aspects of health and wellness utilizing the incredible benefits of massage. Our goal in this work is not only to soothe the aches and pains of everyday life but also to improve the overall condition of your muscles and soft tissues, help with pain reduction, restore mobility to muscles and their associated joints, and assist with longer term improvement in each of our clients' health and well-being.
While many of our Licensed Therapists have experienced instances of extraordinary results for individual clients, we do have to make you aware that if your body feels like it has recently been "at war" with itself, you shouldn't expect, nor may we be able to deliver, the achievement of "world peace" in one massage session!
Lymphatic & Lymphedema Work: Catherine Newton, NC LMBT 14165 is a Certified Lymphatic Therapist (CLT) and has passed her 135 hour training at one of the six approved North America Courses by National Lymphedema Network (NLN) and Lymphology Association of North America (LANA). Catherine is certified to provide Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for multiple conditions and Compressive Decongestive Therapy (CDT) to address Lymphedema & Swelling Disorders. She is certified to measure and order compressive garments and devices. Catherine also has over 10 years of experience in MLD & CDT for Lymphedema patient, and has taken all the course work required by LANA to take her CLT-LANA exam and expects to finalize that additional certificating within the next 12 months.
According to North Carolina State Law 2009, insurance companies are required to pay for treatment for Lymphedema patients. We will work with our individual Lymphedema patients to accommodate their specific insurance billing situations as needed.
425 S Lombard St, Clayton, NC 27520
Between US70 Business Hiqhway & Main Street
Parking on Side Street, Entrance faces Lombard Street
BOOK Online at MassageBook - Book Now
CALL/TEXT: 919-412-4381 ~ Anytime ~ Day or Eventing
Calls Accepted & Returned during Normal Business Hours &/or Early Evening
TEXT is often the fastest way to reach us at ANY time!
Use Our Contact Info Page ~ it also has a Google Map for our Clayton Office
♦ Pain Reduction, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Taut Band, Osteoarthritis Massage
♦ Neuromuscular & Myofascial Release Massage
♦ Medical Massage for Motor Vehicle Accident Issues & Insurance/Workman's Comp Massage
♦ Amputee & Wounded Warrior Massage
♦ Therapeutic Massage
✲ Chronic Pain
✲ Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ)
✲ Anxiety &/or Depression
♦ Wellness/Relaxation/Swedish Massage
♦ Massage for Cancer Survivors or Patients
♦ Massage for Burn Survivors by Therapists Certified in Burn Scar Massage
♦ Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for Lymphatic Drainage/Detox for:
✲ Autoimmune Disorders ~ Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue
Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus & more
✲ Sinus/Ear Congestion
✲ Facial Puffiness
♦ Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for Post-Surgical Situations:
✲ Joint Replacements/Orthopedic Surgery
✲ Reconstructive/Cosmetic Surgery including Implants, Liposuction,
Lipotransfer, Body Sculpting, Lifts, Tucks & more
♦ Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for Post-Mastectomy
& Breast Cancer Survivors
♦ Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for Lymphedema
or for Swelling Conditions/Disorders
♦ Compressive Decongestive Therapy (CDT) for Lymphedema
or for Swelling Conditions/ Disorders
✲ Compression Wraps/Bandaging for Lymphedema
♦ Aromatherapy Consultation & Products
✲ Body Butters, Lotions, Scrubs, Soaps
✲ Oil Blends, Inhalers, Rollers, Jewelry
✲ Hot Stone &/or Cold Stone Massage
✲ Hot/Moist Towel Compresses
✲ Hot/Dry Towel Rolls
♦ Gift Certificates ~ Customized, Electronic &/or Printed
♦ Multi-Session Savings Packages for Select Services
✲ Pre-Pay for 5 Sessions & Receive the 6th Session Free!
♦ Insurance Billing Documentation & Direct Insurance Billing with
pre-certification in some situations
♦ Traveling/Outcall Services for select services ~ additional time & travel charges may apply
♦ Corporate or Other Chair Massage Event participation
✲ Proposal are generally submitted within 24 hours after
initial discussion about the event requirements
✲ A minimum of two week notice prior to your event is requested
if you will require 2 to 10 therapists at your event